Friday, February 27, 2009

Deadlines are good.

So my deadline is August 1st.  I have been working closely with Stephanie M., a LMFT (http://www.stephaniemoralesmft.com/), Erin S. and Tawna T.  Three great incredilbly smart, energetic, and passionate Moms.  

Stephanie works with a lot of support groups for PPD (Postpartum Depression) and there is a big conference happening in August with PSI (Postpartum Support International -http://postpartum.net/ ).  The goal is to self publish my book and have it ready for the conference.

That being said I need to work fast.  I like deadlines.  There is a goal to look forward to.  I can't do this without brave women willing to tell their stories.  Not only will their submissions be so gratifying since they will be helping others but if they are within the Los Angeles area I will be doing photo shoots in which 1 or more images will accompany their work in the final book.  They will receive as compensation, an 8x10 image of their choice from the shoot as well as an image of the final page with photographs that are printed in the book.

And to quote Erin S. "the more we share, the less we fear."

3 comments:

  1. I do well with deadlines also. I am so glad you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHHOOOOOO! I am so excited about your impressive start to this great project! My dear, you are well on your way. I will be spreading the word and helping to find mothers that want to share their story. I really agree with Erin's quote- fear BAD, sharing GOOD.

    You are really doing it honey. Good job.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea, and I would be happy to jump on board!

    ReplyDelete